4 Lazy men are soon poor; hard workers get rich. 5 A wise youth makes hay while the sun shines, but what a shame to see a lad who sleeps away his hour of opportunity. (Proverbs 10:4 - 5)
26 A lazy fellow is a pain to his employers - like smoke in their eyes or vinegar that sets the teeth on edge. (10:26)
27 If you search for good, you will find God's favor; if you search for evil, you will find his curse. (11:27)
11 Hard work means prosperity; only a fool idles away his time. (12:11)
11 Wealth from gambling quickly disappears; wealth from hard work grows. (13:11)
23 Work brings profit; talk brings poverty! (14:23)
26 Hunger is good - if it makes you work to satisfy it! (16:26)
4 If you won't plow in the cold, you won't eat at the harvest. (20:4)
13 If you love sleep, you will end in poverty. Stay awake, work hard, and there will be plenty to eat! (20:13)
Noah built the ark.
for something to do.
5 Steady plodding brings prosperity; hasty speculation brings poverty. (Proverbs 21:5)
25. The desire of the lazy man kills him, for his hands refuse to work. 26. He covets greedily all the day long, but the righteous gives and spares not. (21:25 - 26)
29 Do you know a hard-working man? He shall be successful and stand before kings! (22:29)
19. My son, hear and be wise, and guide your heart in the way. 20. Do not be among those who drink much wine, among gluttons of flesh, 21. For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty, and sleepiness shall clothe a man with rags. (23:19 - 21)
27 Develop your business first before building your house. (24:27)
30. I went by the field of the lazy man and by the vineyard of the man without understanding, 31. And, behold, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face of it, and its stone wall was broken down. 32. Then I saw and considered it well; I looked upon it and I received instruction. 33. Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to lie down, 34. Then your poverty comes stalking, and your wants like an armed man. (24:30 - 34)
28 A man without self-control is as defenseless as a city with broken-down walls. (25:28)
13 The lazy man won't go out and work. "There might be a lion outside!" he says. 14 He sticks to his bed like a door to its hinges! 15 He is too tired even to lift his food from his dish to his mouth! 16 Yet in his own opinion he is smarter than seven wise men. (Proverbs 26:13 - 16)
23. Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, and give attention to your herds, 24. For riches are not forever; nor does the crown endure to every generation. 25. When the hay is removed, and the tender grass is seen, and herbs of the mountains are gathered, 26. The lambs will be for your clothing, and the goats will be the price of a field. 27. And you shall have goats' milk enough for your food, for the nourishment of your household, and sustenance for your maidservants. (27:23 - 27)
laziness; there is also the
success of others.
discontent, and its mother is diligence.
19 Hard work brings prosperity; playing around brings poverty. (28:19)
15. The lazy man hides his hand in his bosom; it wears him out to bring it back to his mouth. (Proverbs 26:15)