Physical Map of the World

Submit Bible questions, through our easy to use form,
to our team of mature Christians known as the Email Evangelists.

Physical Map of the World

Approximately 71%, or 361 million square kilometers (roughly 139 million square miles), of the earth's surface is covered by water. The other 29% of the globe, or 149 million square kilometers (roughly 58 million square miles) is land. The world has five oceans called the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, and Arctic Ocean. The masses of land are divided up into seven large sections known as continents. The continent names are North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Australia, Asia and Africa.

The top contiguous entities on the planet are, in decreasing order, Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, Russia, Arctic Ocean, Antarctica, Canada, United States and China. The world's biggest islands (an island being a tract of land completely encompassed by water) are (in alphabetical order) - Baffin Island, Borneo, Ellesmere Island, Great Britain, Greenland, Honshu, Madagascar, New Guinea and Sumatra.

Political Map
of the World
 
 
Map of the
United States
 
 
The Middle East
 
 
Map of Asia
(Russia, China, India, Iran, Japan)
 
 
Map of Europe
and facts on the EU
The lowest point on earth is the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean, which reaches a depth of 10,924 meters (6.8 miles) below the surface of the water. The highest point is Mount Everest, which reaches a height of 8,850 meters (5.5 miles).

Forty-six countries and areas on the earth are landlocked, meaning they have no natural direct access to any sea. Some of these are Afghanistan, Austria, Bolivia, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, the Holy See (Vatican City), Hungary, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Nepal, Paraguay, Rwanda, Switzerland, Uganda and Zimbabwe.

There are also only two countries that border fourteen other nations - Russia and China.

Bible Statistics

King James was the first monarch over England, Scotland, and Ireland. In 1604, he brought together 54 translators to produce a Bible that would rival the popular Geneva translation. In 1611, this effort produced what eventually is entitled the Authorized or King James Version Bible translation. The book's church printing contained a church calendar for the year, a map of the Holy Land, and Jesus' lineage. Today, printed in 400+ languages, God’s word is the most popular book in history.

There are more than six billion copies of the Bible in circulation. This figure does not include the various digital versions of the Bible in use by computers, smart phones, etc. The New Testament is available in more than 1,100 languages, with the Gospel of Mark printed in over 2,300. A copy of the Bible is accessible to well over 90% of the world's population.

Additional Study Materials
How many time
zones are there?
Map of countries that will
gather to fight JESUS
 
What is the SMALLEST
state in the world?
 
What are the most
POWERFUL nations in history?
Where will the world's
LAST war take place?
 
 
 
 
   
 
 
 
Bible Answers to Questions  -  Basic Articles  -  Beginners Studies  -  Pictures  -  In-Depth Articles  -  Life of Paul
Maps and Timelines  -  Prophecy  -  Reference Materials  -  Roman Empire  -  The Sabbath  -  Study by Topic
Discount Bookstore  -  FREE books