The city is also referred to as Hai, Aija or Aiath (see Genesis 12:8, Nehemiah 11:31 and Isaiah 10:28).
Location where Samson killed thirty men and took spoils (Judges 14:19).
31. This is why he called that place The Well of the Living One Seeing Me, because there they both swore an oath. 32. So they made a covenant at Beersheba (Genesis 21:31 - 32).
1. Now there was a certain man who was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, which was the town of Mary and her sister Martha (John 11:1).
The city is first mentioned, by name, in Genesis 12:8. Its name means "House of God."
City where Jesus was born (Matthew 2).
44. On the next day, Jesus desired to go into Galilee; and He found Philip and said to him, "Follow Me." 45. Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter (John 1:44 - 45).
The city is often referred to as Caesarea of Palestine, to distinguish it from other cities with the same name.
Jesus and his disciples travel from Bethabara to the city, right after his temptation by the devil, in order to attend a wedding.
13. And after leaving Nazareth (at about 30), He (Jesus Christ) came and dwelt in Capernaum (Matthew 4:13).
Northern most Israelite city (Judges 13:25).
David used location as a stronghold to evade capture by King Saul. (1Samuel 23:29).
Important ancient Philistine city where giant people lived (Joshua 11:22).
Location where the Philistines put out Samson's eyes, bound him, and had him grind grain (Judges 16:21).
Hometown of Saul, the first human king of ancient Israel (1Samuel 10:26).
Was the "headquarters" of the children of Israel during the time of Joshua (Joshua 9:6, 10:6, 15, 43).
The name "Hazor" means "enclosed" or "fortified." Its first mention in the Bible is in Joshua 11:1 where the Jabin, the king of Hazor, is referenced.
The village was the place where Abraham's wife Sarah died at the age of 127 (Genesis 23:2).
First place conquered by Israel.
King David and all the Israelites went and attacked the city of Jerusalem. It was then known as Jebus . . . (1Chronicles 11:4).
Gideon's famous battle against the Midianites took place here (Judges 6:33)
The city where a beloved believer named Tabitha (Dorcas) died. God, through Peter, resurrected her from the dead. (Acts 9:36)
One location Israel camped at after leaving Egyptian slavery (Numbers 13:26).
22. The king of Kedesh, one; the king of Jokneam of Carmel, one; (Joshua 12:22).
A city that Joshua encamped around and fought against (Joshua 10:31).
The place where Jacob, renamed Israel by God, was buried after his death in Egypt (Genesis 50:1 - 13).
King Solomon spent a great deal of money fortifying the city (1Kings 9:15). The valley near the city is the place where the final world war will take place before the return of Christ (Revelation 16:12 - 14, 16).
City within the territory controlled by the tribe of Benjamin. It was one of a few places where the tribes of Israel gathered while under the Judges.
Nain is only mentioned, by name, once in the entirety of Scripture (Luke 7:11 - 17).
23. And after arriving, he (Joseph and his family) dwelt in a city called Nazareth (Matthew 2:23).
30. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel,. saying, "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved" (Genesis 32:30).
One of Israel's cities of refuge (Joshua 20:7, Deuteronomy 4:41 - 43).
Bought city that was made capital of northern tribes of Israel (1Kings 16:24). Inhabitants of the area were used in a well known parable given by Jesus.
6. And Abram passed through the land to the place of Shechem, unto the Oak of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land (Genesis 12:6).
Place where Israelites set up God's tabernacle (Joshua 18:1).
Place where Elijah is taken care of by a widow (1Kings 17:8 - 9).
37 The Israelites set out on foot from Rameses for Sukkoth (Exodus 12:37).
17. And Jeroboam's wife arose, and left, and came to Tirzah. When she came to the threshold of the door, the boy died (1Kings 14:17).
Tyre, a prosperous city (Isaiah 23:8), had several prophets condemn it for its sins (Isaiah 23, Ezekiel 26, Jeremiah 25, etc.).
The city is located at the southern end of the Dead Sea.