What will happen to the countless humans throughout history who, after being resurrected, have to give an account of their lives before the Eternal's great white throne? Will those who did not know of or completely understand the Gospel be finally given a FULL chance at repentance and salvation? On the other hand, will they, even those who never even heard about Jesus or read the Bible, be summarily thrown into some eternal HELL to suffer torment forever?
What special tree, which existed in the Garden of Eden, reappears at the end of the Bible?
The Millennium, lasting 1,000 years, will be the greatest time of peace and prosperity the world has ever experienced. Jesus will rule the earth as King of Kings and Lord of Lords with the help of those converted humans who were changed into immortal spirit beings in the first resurrection (Revelation 11:10 - 12, 1Thessalonians 4:16 - 17, 1Corinthians 15:51 - 53, etc.). The capital of God's Kingdom on earth will be Jerusalem (Revelation 20:9 - in the KJV it is referred to as the "beloved city").
The nature of ALL animals will be changed during this period. Those whose diet consisted of eating meat (carnivore) will be changed to eating strictly plants (herbivores). All animals will be rendered docile and made to live in peace and harmony both with each other and man. The prophet Isaiah foretold of this unique time when he wrote the following.
6. Also the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the cub lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them . . . 8. And the suckling child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the viper's den. 9. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain . . . (Isaiah 11:6, 8 - 9, Holy Bible Faithful Version throughout).
Satan loosed one last time
At the start of the Millennium an angel is commanded to arrest Satan and throw him into the most secure prison in history. From his spiritual place of restraint the devil is unable to deceive anyone (except himself) for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1 - 3).
At the end of the 1,000 years the Devil is allowed out of his spiritual prison (Revelation 20:3). The great Deceiver then does what he always does - deceiving beings into sinning against God. His third and final effort to wrest control of the Universe for himself, however, fails miserably. The Eternal's adversary and his human army are dealt with in a swift fashion as they surround the world's capital city of Jerusalem.
7. Now when the thousand years have been completed, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison; 8. And he shall go out to deceive the nations that are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog . . . 9. Then I saw them go up upon the breadth of the earth and encircle the camp of the saints, and the beloved city; and fire came down from God out of heaven and consumed them; (Revelation 20:7 - 9)
Bible evidence strongly suggests that Lucifer will not be allowed to continued living but will be given the ultimate penalty for his disobedience - an end to his existence (for more info see our article "Will the devil live FOREVER?").
The White Throne Judgment
What happens to the countless BILLIONS of humans who never heard the name of Jesus or never heard of or understood the Gospel, or believed a somewhat twisted version of the Bible from the world's religions? Are they LOST forever?
The second resurrection, known as the Great White Throne judgment, is God's way of offering a FULL chance at salvation to humans who were not a part of the first resurrection. Their minds will be opened to the truth found in Scripture and they will be given their first real opportunity to repent of their sins.
11. Then I saw a great white throne and the one Who was sitting on it, from Whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and no place was found for them. 12. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God; and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged out of the things written in the books . . . (Revelation 20:11 - 12).
The Bible hints that these humans will be allowed to live, again in the flesh, for up to 100 years (Isaiah 65:17 - 20) so that they can learn the full truth and build character by a life of overcoming their human nature. Those who are obedient will eventually be written in the Lamb's Book of Life and turned into a spirit being (Revelation 20:12).
The Second Death
All humans are destined to die at least once (1Corinthians 15:22). However, for a relatively few, dying a second time will be their end. God's plan includes mercifully putting to death FOREVER (not tormenting them in some Hell) all humans who, in his eyes, understand the truth but knowingly and willfully reject it. The Bible calls this the second death (Revelation 20:14 - 15). The Apostle Paul wrote about those who were enlightened but who later rejected the truth.
4. For it is IMPOSSIBLE for those who were once enlightened, and who personally obtained the heavenly gift, and became partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5. And who have tasted the good Word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6. If they have fallen away, to renew them again unto repentance (Hebrews 6:4 - 6)
Based on the Bible, willful disobedience of the Eternal is referred to as the unpardonable sin.
A New Heaven, Earth and Jerusalem
When God has fulfilled his greatest goal, which is making as many humans as possible into his own spiritual image of character (Genesis 1:26), he will then turn to the much quicker task of remaking everything else.
1. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away, and there was no more sea. 2. And I, John, saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband (Revelation 21:1 - 2, see also 3:12).
According to the end of the Bible, the Earth is destined to become the true center of the Universe! A New Jerusalem will be created and placed on the planet where the thrones of the Father and Christ will reside (verses 22 - 23). The Tree of Life, which first appeared in the Garden of Eden, will reappear in a New Jerusalem (Revelation 22:14).