44. On the next day, Jesus desired to go into Galilee; and He found Philip and said to him, "Follow Me." 45. Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. (John 1:44-45)
1. Then all the children of Israel went out, and the congregation was gathered together as one man, from Dan even to Beersheba, with the land of Gilead, to the LORD in Mizpeh. (Judges 20:1)
40. Then Philip was found at Azotus; and as he passed through, he preached the gospel to all the cities, until he came to Caesarea. (Acts 8:40)
11. Now it came to pass on the next day that He (Jesus) went into a city called Nain; and many of His disciples went with Him, and a great multitude. (Luke 7:11)
1. Now on the third day, there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there. (John 2:1)
23. And after arriving, he (Joseph and his family) dwelt in a city called Nazareth (Matthew 2:23)
13. And after leaving Nazareth (at about 30), He (Jesus Christ) came and dwelt in Capernaum, (Matthew 4:13)
30. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel,. saying, "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Genesis 32:30)
Northern most Israelite city. (Judges 13:25)
One of Israel's cities of refuge (Joshua 20:7, Deuteronomy 4:41-43).
David used location as a stronghold to evade capture by King Saul. (1Samuel 23:29)
Bought city that was made capital of northern tribes of Israel (1Kings 16:24)
Important ancient Philistine city where giant people lived (Joshua 11:22).
6. And Abram passed through the land to the place of Shechem, unto the Oak of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land. (Genesis 12:6)
Location where the Philistines put out Samson's eyes, bound him, and had him grind grain (Judges 16:21).
Place where Israelites set up God's tabernacle (Joshua 18:1).
Hometown of Saul, the first human king of ancient Israel (1Samuel 10:26)
Place where Elijah is taken care of by a widow (1Kings 17:8-9)
19. And the people came up out of the Jordan on the tenth day of the first month and camped in Gilgal on the east border of Jericho. (Joshua 4:19)
37 The Israelites set out on foot from Rameses for Sukkoth. (Exodus 12:37)
1. And it came to pass when Jabin, king of Hazor, had heard those things, he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph, (Joshua 11:1)
17. And Jeroboam's wife arose, and left, and came to Tirzah. When she came to the threshold of the door, the boy died. (1Kings 14:17)
The village was the place where Abraham's wife Sarah died at the age of 127 (Genesis 23:2)
Mentioned in the Bible as a prosperous city (Isaiah 23:8).
First place conquered by Israel.
22. Hurry and escape there! For I cannot do anything till you arrive there." Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar. (Genesis 19:22)
King David and all the Israelites went and attacked the city of Jerusalem. It was then known as Jebus . . . (1Chronicles 11:4)
| || |