ANSWER: The original name of the devil was Lucifer, who was originally a 'good' spirit being and one of a class of angels known as Cherubim (Ezekiel 28:14). At one time, according to the Bible, he was one of only two angelic beings whose task was to cover God's glory as he sat on the throne of the universe. He eventually rebelled against the Eternal and tried to force him off his throne. His attempt was an abysmal failure. Lucifer had perverted his own mind and became the enemy of righteousness, thus turning himself into the devil. He was thrown out of heaven like lightening and the rest, they say, is history.
Below are only some of the many names and titles the Bible uses to reference the evil spirit we now commonly call the devil. Next to each one, where possible, is its original language (Hebrew or Greek) meaning. Please note that the Biblical reference for each term may not be the only place in scripture where it can be found.
* Abaddon (destroying angel), as found in Revelation 9:11
11. And they have over them a king, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon . . . in Greek is Apollyon (HBFV).
* "Angel of the bottomless pit" in the KJV, "angel of the abyss" in the Holy Bible Faithful Version translation of Revelation 9:11 (see above quote)
* Apollyon (destroyer), in Revelation 9:11 (see above quote)
* Accuser of our brethren (the devil is the chief complainer against those who believe in God), Revelation 12:10
* Adversary (opponent), 1Peter 5:8
* Angel of light (messenger of light), 2Corinthians 11:14
* Antichrist (opponent of the Messiah), 1John 4:3
* Beelzebub (the dung god, ruler of the demons), Luke 11:15
* Belial (worthlessness), 2Corinthians 6:15
* Crooked serpent, Isaiah 27:1
* Dragon, Great dragon, Ancient Serpent ("that old serpent" in the KJV), Revelation 12:7 - 9
7. And there was war in heaven; Michael and his angels warred against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels warred. 8. But they did not prevail, neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9. And the great dragon was cast out, the ancient serpent who is called the Devil and Satan, who is deceiving the whole world; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him (HBFV)
* Enemy (the hateful, hostile one), Wicked One (evil one), Matthew 13:38 - 39
* Father of Lies, John 8:44
* god of this world (god of this age), 2Corinthians 4:3 - 4
* Great fiery red dragon (serpent), Revelation 12:3
* Lucifer (the name he was originally called (before he sinned), heylel, Strong's Concordance #H1966, which means "morning star." It only appears in Isaiah 14:12. Jesus Christ is now called the "morning star," see Revelation 22:16)
* Man of sin (man of offence), son of perdition (son of destruction), 2Thessalonians 2:3 - 4
* Murderer, Liar (a falsifier), Father of lies, John 8:44
* Power of darkness (power of obscurity), Colossians 1:13
* Prince of the power of the air (ruler who has authority over air), Ephesians 2:1
* "Roaring Lion" who roams the earth looking for those to deceive and lead to destruction (1Peter 5:8)
* Rulers of the darkness of this world (world ruler of obscurity in this age), Ephesians 6:12
11. Put on the whole armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil 12. Because we are not wrestling against flesh and blood . . . against the world rulers of the darkness of this age . . . (HBFV)
* Ruler of this world (prince of this world), John 12:31
* Serpent (snake), Genesis 3:1, 2Corinthians 11:3
* Spirit that currently works "in the children of disobedience," Ephesians 2:2
* Tempter (the tester, one who entices), Matthew 4:3
* Thief (stealer), John 10:9 - 10
Thank you for your question regarding the different names for the devil.