33 But whoever hearkens to me shall dwell safely (receive protection) and shall be secure without fear of harm. (Proverbs 1:33)
7. He lays up sound wisdom for the righteous; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly. 8. He keeps the paths of right judgment and preserves the way of His saints. 9. Then you shall understand righteousness and judgment and equity, every good path . . . 11. Discretion shall preserve (protect) you and, understanding shall keep you, 12. To deliver you from the way of the evil man, from the man who speaks wicked things. (2:7 - 9, 11 - 12)
3 The LORD will not allow the righteous soul to famish, but He casts away the desire of the wicked. (10:3)
30. The righteous shall never be moved, and the wicked shall not remain in the land. (10:30)
21. Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished, but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered. (11:21)
7. The wicked are overthrown and are gone, but the house of the righteous shall stand. (12:7)
13. The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips, but the just shall come out of trouble (trials - 12:13)
6. Righteousness guards the one who is upright in the way, but wickedness overthrows the sinner. (13:6)
World's Wit and Wisdom
Experience is the name
everyone gives to his mistakes.
Oscar Wilde, 1854 - 1900
26. In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence, and His children shall have a place of refuge. (14:26)
29. The LORD is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous. (15:29)
3. Commit your works unto the LORD, and your thoughts shall be established. (16:3)
10. The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe. (Proverbs 18:10)
World's Wit and Wisdom
Two of life's greatest trials
are not getting what you want,
and the other is getting what
you want and getting stuck with it!
All the trouble in the world is due to the
fact that man cannot sit still in a room.
Blaise Pascal, 1623 - 1662
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes.
Carl Sandburg, 1878 - 1967
14. The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity, but a broken spirit who can bear? (18:14)
23. The fear of the LORD tends to life, and the one who has it shall dwell satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil. (19:23)
22. Do not say, "I will repay evil;" wait on the LORD, and He will save you. (20:22)
10. If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small. 11. Rescue those being drawn to death, and hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. 12. If you say, "Behold, we did not know it," does not He who searches the heart consider it? And the Keeper of your soul, does He not know? And does He not repay to every man according to his works? (24:10 - 12)
16. For a righteous one falls seven times, and rises up again; but the wicked shall fall into evil. (24:16)
10. Your own friend, and your father's friend, do not forsake them; nor go to your brother's house in the day of your calamity (trials); better is a neighbor that is near than a brother far off. (Proverbs 27:10)