The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 999
The meaning of number 999 centers around God's Holy Spirit, the power (not person) through which he accomplishes his will. It can symbolize the prophetic spiritual glory of the Godhead and the expression of its perfect character in the life of every called and converted Christian.
To a much lesser extent than above, 999 can also represent the manifestation of spiritual power from either a good or an evil source.
The first nine of number 999 reveals the primary gifts of God's spirit as delineated by the Apostle Paul in the book of Galatians. Note below that Paul says that these are the fruit, not fruits, of the spirit. This singular form of the word means all the characteristics he lists are available through the unifying power God generously offers to all true believers.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love (1), joy (2), peace (3), long-suffering (4), kindness (5), goodness (6), faith (7), meekness (8), self-control (9); against such things there is no law" (Galatians 5:22 - 23).
The second nine of the number 999 are the administrations (abilities) the spirit can give a Christian at God's discretion. These gifts of service are not meant to increase a person's ego or to justify feelings of spiritual superiority. They are, rather, to be used in humility for the common good of others and for building up the body of Christ (his church).
"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the benefit of all. For to one, a word of wisdom is given by the Spirit (1); and to another, a word of knowledge according to the same Spirit (2); And to a different one, faith by the same Spirit (3); and to another, gifts of healing by the same Spirit (4);
"And to another, the working of miracles (5); and to another, prophecy (6); and to another, discerning of spirits (7); and to a different one, various languages (8); and to another, the interpretation of languages (9)" (1Corinthians 12:7 - 10).
The last nine of 999 is the spiritual power represented by the righteous spirits at God's throne in the third heaven. The Apostle John tells us these are God the Father, Jesus Christ, and seven spirits.
"And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn from the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth . . ." (Revelation 1:4 - 5).
Good, evil and the number 999
The number 999 might also represent the manifestation of any spiritual power regardless of whether its source is good or evil.
The nine primary fruits and the nine gifts given through the same spirit, mentioned above, are a righteous expression of God's perfect love and are good. There are, however, nine Old Testament examples of those who practiced sorcery or other black arts that clearly are influenced or powered by the forces of evil.
These examples which complete this version of 999 are the following.
1) God's promise to punish Egyptian magicians and charmers for their works (Isaiah 19).
2) Pharaoh's use of Jambres and Jannes who supernaturally opposed Moses and Aaron (Exodus 7 - 8).
4) Jezebel's use of witchcraft to fulfill her will (2Kings 9:22).
5) Nineveh, Biblically labeled "the mistress of witchcrafts," whose works deserve God's wrath (Nahum 3).
6) Babylon's use of sorceries, enchantments, astrologers, stargazers and monthly prognosticators for its own ends (Isaiah 47:12 - 13).
7) Belshazzar demanding that his astrologers and soothsayers interpret the famous "handwriting on the wall" written by the hand of God (Daniel 5:6 - 7).
8) The heathen who are troubled by "the signs of heaven" through astrologers whom God warns Israel to avoid (Jeremiah 10:2, Micah 3:6 - 7).
9) The frequent use of divination by false prophets in order to deceive people into believing they represent the true God (Jeremiah 14:14, Ezekiel 13:6 - 9).
Additional info on the Biblical Meaning of 999
The New Testament is composed of 27 books or 9 + 9 + 9 (999).